Okay, so there's defintiely pictures to come. I promise.
At least once a week, Lindsay and I make breakfast food. Sometimes it is actually for breakfast and others it is for lunch or dinner. Either way, it's my time to make food for her since she usually makes everything else (with my assistance of course!). My breakfast specialty is tofu scrambler and we always have that with a side or two (usually toast and hashbrowns or fake breakfast "meat").
I don't use a recipe or anything for the scramble, just add spices and veggies (and sometimes veg*n cheese or bacon) to the mix and go.
Here's what i used for this batch:
- chopped mushrooms
- diced onions
- diced tomatoes
- veggie spice
- 1 block of vegetable tofu (FIRM)
- Chop the onions, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Fry up the onions and mushrooms in olive oil until the onions are translucent
- Crumble the block of tofu into the pan
- Mix in about a cup of salsa
- Min in a couple of teaspoons of veggie spice for flavour and colour
- Mix in cumin, curry, paprika, turmeric to taste/smell
- Make sure everything is mixed well and reduce heat on the frying pan and let it cook for a while to absorb in all the flavours