Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Holiday Dinner Menu

Menu

Appetizers

 “Sausage” Rolls w/ a selection of mustards
 Spinach Dip Bread Bowl w/ bread bites and veggies
 Poinsettia Cocktail (non-alcoholic for Grammy)

Dinner

 Winter Salad w/ Toasted Mustard Seed Vinaigrette
 Mushroom, Lentil & Wild Rice Timbale
o A timbale is a large thimble or cone shaped mold used for various sorts of food. The name is derived from 'thimble'. (However we will be using ramekins)
 Roasted Squash
 Mushroom Gravy
 Mashed Potatoes
 Holiday Wine

Dessert

 Assortment of Holiday Cookies
 Mini Fruit Cakes
 Coffee and Tea

4 comments:

Bex said...

That looks good and it's such a good idea to be planning now. I want to make gifts this year. Just some yummies to hand out to my employees and some friends but I won't do it if I leave it to the last minute to plan because things are just going to get insane the closer to the holiday we get. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! Love the timbales--I've always wanted to make some! Hope you'll be posting recipes :)

aTxVegn said...

You are so smart to be planning ahead. The menu looks really nice.

Bethany said...

sounds like a great spread, I love holiday menus.

you get major bonus points for planning in advance. I have a half baked plan in my head, but it has yet to reach an excel spreadsheet. I know the dessert part, which is important.