Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Post #100, Christmas came early part 2, and oh the fire we set

Yay! For our 100th post! It only took forever considering the long period of blogging nothingness there was for almost a year.

Anyways I would just like to briefly note that I have received my Vegan Care Package from Bianca and will be posting a photo and more details tonight or tomorrow.

I also will be posting some photos of the Almond Toffee and Smokey Cheeze Ball I made for my work pot luck holiday party tomorrow. By the way the toffee (my first attempt ever) was fun to make however surprisingly dangerous however considering I almost set the kitchen on fire not once, not twice, but three times as bits of sugar fell to my burner causing a small fire (scary). Luckily my wonderful husband was there to help me juggle the hot sugary mixture and put the fire out with only a small fatality (the toffee burned a little but not all of it.)

4 comments:

Bianca said...

Yea! I'm glad the package arrived. Tell me what you think about that cashew juice when you try it. I've never had it, but was so intrigued when I saw it.

Sorry it's not all Memphis or Tennessee-based, but unfortunately, this isn't the most vegan friendly state. I couldn't find a local vegan chocolate source.

And please post your almond toffee recipe when you post pics. I've been looking for a good vegan toffee recipe to use for Xmas gifts.

For the Love of Guava said...

yikes sounds like new recipes in my kitchen.... mm... smoky cheeze ball...

Bethany said...

congrats on the 100th post.

Just wanted to let you know that I got my package from Vegannifer and posted on it. She should be getting mine any day now.

beastmomma said...

Congratulations on making some good toffee. I thought that you might be interested in participating in this:
http://beastmomma.squarespace.com/life-from-the-belly-of-the-bea/pay-it-forward-1.html