Thursday, October 9, 2008

Veganmofo- another survey

1.. Favorite non-dairy milk?
I really like the Kirkland brand (Costco) Vanilla soymilk but lately we have been buying Westsoy which is pretty good

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Oh I have about a million recipes that I am planning to make I will however be making green bean casserole, pumpkin whoppie pies and lots of curry

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
salt, nutritional yeast, and chili powder and cumin.

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
lentil soup first attempt it was just awful.

5. Favorite pickled item?
green beans.

6. How do you organize your recipes?
clutter

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
compost, recycle and trash when there is no other option

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
chickpeas, pasta and garlic

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
mom’s monkey bread at every holiday ….yumm I wish there were vegan prepackaged biscuits 

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
purely decadent turtle something rather

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
cuisinart immersion blender

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
cumin

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
I don’t know ……my first vegan one however was vegan with a vengeance

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
raspberry jam

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
hmmmm …..curry?

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
I use tofu the most because it is the least expensive however I enjoy tempeh and seitan they all have their place.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Dinner.

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
nothing there is a cupboard above it

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
edamame, frangelico, eggplant

20. What's on your grocery list?
um about a million things I need to go shopping

21. Favorite grocery store?
Healthy Living

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
doughnuts

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
I bloglines so I view about 500 food blogs a day my favorites however are vegan yum yum and how to feed a vegan

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
dagoba

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
umm….i have no idea.

And another questionnaire since I am bored and exhausted at work

1. If you have to choose between locally grown or organic, which do you usually choose?
local and organic haha ….probably local

2. Favorite way to prepare potatoes:
mashed

3. Do you press your tofu before preparing/cooking it (if you eat soy)?
not really. I miss the tofu you could get in Canada that isn’t waterpacked

4. Name your favorite recipe that is a tradition in your family:
green bean casserole

5. Any food allergies?
No.

6. When you want to go to a fancy dinner, where do you go?
A Single Pebble

7. When you have a cold, what do you crave?
Soup and Chili

8. What kind of water do you drink? (Filtered, spring, tap, etc.)
Filtered

9. Name a flavor of soda you'd love to see:
I don’t know?

10. If the recipes you ate as a child were compiled into a cookbook, what would the title be?
I will get back to you on that one

11. If you were allowed to grow one food that can't grow in your climate, what would it be?
pineapple

12. Favorite type of mushroom?
portobello

13. Most frustrating part of your kitchen?
NO DISHWASHER not enough counters no vent over the stove

14. Last food you burned?
popcorn

15. Usual response to a veg*n's favorite question, "But where do you get your protein?":
lame question…moving on

16. If you were baking your own birthday cake today, what flavor would it be?
chai

17. Favorite brand of chocolate chips?
I don’t know

18. You have $200 of your tax return reserved for Williams Sonoma- What do you buy?
ooo there are too many things

19. Do you plan your menus in advance? Any tips to share?
I try and plan a menu at the start of the week based on what we have in our cupboards, what we desire and the new recipes that I have found

20. You have 3 minutes before you have to leave the house and you're starving- What do you eat?
cliff bar

21. If Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, and Rachel Ray got into a fight, who would win?
Martha she went to jail she probably scrapped some there haha

22. If you eat oatmeal, what do you add to it before serving?
soy milk and raisins

23. If you got to travel to one country and learn all the traditional dishes there, where would you go (ignore commitments in your current place of residence)?
spain

24. Favorite late night snack?
spring rolls

25. Favorite springtime food?
asparagus

26. Favorite food-related magazine?
Veg News

27. Which do you prefer: shoyu, tamari, conventional soy sauce, or Bragg's Aminos?
tamari.

28. What vegetable or fruit do you dislike the most?
baby corn

29. Name a holiday food you look forward to all year long:
green bean casserole

30. If you could convert anyone to veganism with your magic wand, who would you convert?
neil’s parents

2 comments:

Bex said...

Hey Lindsay, thanks!
I love reading these surveys even if I'm usually too lazy to fill them out myself.
I'm drooling just thinking about Single Pebble. I think we have a husband birthday dinner coming on there :)

Lindsay I-F said...

Ooh that will be fun I hope to go with my hubby sometime soon. he is so jealous because my friend and I went out there for her birthday but it was a girl's only night so he didn't get to come. However he did enjoy lots of yummy leftovers.