Friday, October 10, 2008

Veganmofo- Daily Planet


I e-mailed the Daily Planet http://www.dailyplanet15.com/ to inquire about the vegan options that they offer.
The Daily Planet

15 Center St.
Burlington, VT 05401
(802) 862-9647

This is what they said:

Hi Lindsay

These are our vegan options:

Field Greens - Mixed baby greens dressed with your choice of balsamic vinaigrette 5.00


Thai Peanut Noodles - Fresh garden vegetables and linguini tossed in a spicy peanut sauce 7.00

Marinated Portabella Sandwich - Served on sundried tomato focaccia with basil pesto and fresh mozzarella. Accompanied by a spinach-roasted red pepper salad, in a balsamic vinaigrette 8.00(w/out the cheese)

Citrus Caponata Eggplant, red plums, blood oranges, figs and walnuts. Over a savory, rosemary-cracked pepper waffle 18.00 (without the waffle)

Thank you for your interest
Kristi
The Daily Planet




6 comments:

Bex said...

I haven't been to the daily planet in ages. I don't remember their menu being super veggie friendly the salads are good though.
They serve Dark and Stormys (ginger beer with dark rum) one of my favorite drinks. Well they used to, like I said it's been a while.

Lindsay I-F said...

Yeah I haven't been there in like 5 or 6 years but i wanted to see if they had any vegan options and I remember really enjoying the peanut noodles there

Billy said...

You've been tagged!

What's in Your (Vegan) Freezer?

Billy said...

Great, I'm glad you'll participate.

Are you going away on vacation? If so, have a great weekend!

Lindsay I-F said...

my husband's parents are visiting from NB so we are going to to Cooperstown, NY and Albany for a few days. The guys want to see the Baseball Hall of Fame

Bethany said...

I went there in August and they sort of sucked. They will wing it for you, but you aren't really going to get anything really wonderful.

that said, their portabello burger was veganizable and VERY good. here is my post on it.

I'd spend your $ somewhere else. though maybe if you give them a few days notice it would be better.