Friday, October 24, 2008

Veganmofo- Rhapsody- Montpelier

I just got back from a nice (but too quick) lunch with my hubby down at Rhapsody on Main St. in Montpelier. I really wanted to see my husband and have a lunch date, but needed some place quick and easy to go to so I wouldn't go over my allotted lunch time. Lets just say that I won't be doing many more lunches here. It was just kind of meh, which I already had come to the conclusion of months ago but decided to give it another try.

I had:
whipped ginger sweet potatoes- these were actually pretty good a little too gingery but good
brown rice- very over cooked
tofu stew- now this was really good their stews usually are
tempeh nugget- this was not good it was deep fried tempeh is some sort of black sesame seed crust and it was dry and boring
vegetable Indian lentils- these were okay the flavor was decent but they were super gummy they either needed to be less gummy or more soupy
chickpea curry- this was pretty good
salad with tofu dill dressing- I have to say I love this dressing
Artichoke heart salad- this is really good and creamy
Marinated Mushrooms- these were pretty good

for dessert we split:
a carob almond cup- kinda like a PB cup ....not made on site
a cinnamon oatmeal raisin cookie- this was alright it was kinda crunchy, I like my oatmeal raisin cookies chewy



Overall: 3.7/5
Service: counter service
Food Quality:2.5/5
Atmosphere:4/5
Vegan Options:4.7 (there is sushi)

Times Visited: 5

From the sounds of it you'd think I'd like it more...but it is just nothing special and super pricey.

2 comments:

Bex said...

I still haven't been here (althought I linked their main site for tempeh). I keep hearing that it's not that great. I don't expect greatness in every restaurant but you gotta represent! I'll probably get my buns in there sometimes and try it out (when I have the urge to frivolously get coffee at Capital Grounds.

For the Love of Guava said...

mm... I might have to work on perfecting those whipped ginger sweet potatoes...