Last night for dinner we decided to try a recipe from our new book La Dolce Vegan!
This is our adaptation of the recipe:
(Eileen's) Neil and Lindsay's Sesame Ginger Stir-Fry
- 1 cup of whole wheat couscous
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package of may way natural veg chik'n
- 1-8oz pkg of shiitake mushrooms
- 1 T sesame oil
- 3 T tahini
- 1 T water
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pkg of stir fry mix (broccoli, carrots and snowpeas) from the produce section
- 2 T soy sauce
While the couscous is cooking, in a wok on med-high heat, saute the onions, chik'n and mushrooms with the sesame oil. Cook until the onions are translucent.
In a small bowl, stir together the tahini and water until smooth. Set aside.
Add the garlic, ginger, and veggie to the pan and saute for 2-3 min. Add the tahini and soy sauce. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 4-6 min. Serve over couscous.
Makes 4 servings.
4 servings- per serving: calories 326; fat 17g; sodium 792mg; carbs 27g; dietary fiber 13g; sugar 3g; protein 15g