Thursday, October 16, 2008

Veganmofo- Tip Top Tofu Loaf

As you might have already known we have been crazy busy with trips to Northampton and Cooperstown/Albany. Along with this we have had house guest so needless to say our house is need of some cleaning. Since I had to get up early with Neil this morning I decided since I had the time I would get dinner ready. Rather than having to rush home after the gym and try and prepare dinner and clean all I have to do is heat the oven and pop my tofu loaf in and cook up some broccoli!


La Dolce Vegan's Tip-Top Tofu Loaf

  • 2 T Olive Oil
  • 1 c medium-firm tofu, drained
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 2 T ketchup
  • 2 T tamari
  • 1 T dijon mustard
  • 1t montreal chicken spice (my own addition)
  • 1/2 c rolled oats
  • 1 T tahini
  • (in La Dolce Vegan the recipe calls for 1/4 t black pepper and 1/4 c parsley, minced however I had no fresh parsley so i omited these and went with montreal chicken spice which already has pepper in it)
Preheat oven to 350F. Oil a 9-inch loaf pan with olive oil and set aside. In a food processor, blend together tofu, onions, garlic, ketchup, tamari, mustard, montreal chicken spice, oat flakes and tahini until well mixed. Pour into baking dish, pressing down evenly into baking pan. Bake for 55-60 min. Let cool 10 min before removing from pan.




4 Servings; per serving: calories 220.5; sodium 697.5mg; fat 10.25g; carbs 14.5g; protein 17g

4 comments:

Bex said...

yet another thing I have to try from this book. I must see the pic to drool over.

Lindsay I-F said...

haha once i go home and bake it tonight i will be sure to photograph and upload the picture. I really like this book although it bothers me the number of recipes that call for veggie ground round or vegan cheeze. I mean those are nice once and awhile but I would rather go for more whole food items or have recipes to create my own rather than relying on packaged items. however it is a good cookbook for busy nights when you need an idea to throw something quick together.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay!
Thanks for your comments on my blog!

You have a nice one here!

If you go to the Green Elephant, come back and tell me how you liked it!

Bethany said...

I love a good loaf.

I keep hearing such good things about this book. but I won't get it until i make more use of "how it all vegan". I'm trying (again) to use my huge set of neglected cookbooks. at one point I had stopped buying them until I had proven that I could use them. The along came veganomicon...