Thursday, October 30, 2008

Veganmofo: CSA stirfry and a ridiculous amount of Daikon

I made a yummy stir fry last night however I didn't bother to measure anything so it's not a real helpful recipe to recreate. I made it with onions, daikon, pepper, carrots and cabbage and peanut gluten. I stir fried it all in some a mix of sesame oil, canola oil and hot chili oil (I know sounds like a lot of oil but I only used about a teaspoon of each.) I first cooked everything except the cabbage and gluten until soft. Then I added soy sauce and a little sugar and let it caramlize up then I added the cabbage and cooked until wilted. Lastly I added hoisin and gluten and served over brown rice.


However I still have a massive amount of daikon because of share partners do not like it so I got stuck taking it all and I have no idea what to do with it all. Any ideas? Help!

1 comment:

Bex said...

I make a salad with pea sprouts and a dressing of soy sauce, sesame oil, agave, ginger, apple cider vinegar. Pretty tasty and refreshing. You can cut the daikon anyway you like, I just used a peeler to make lots of thin strips.